For most of us, pregnancy is a result of constant work and effort. One might think that it happens out of a normal biological process, but if looked at it from a different side, you have to get your body prepared before you can actually plan it. You have to make sure that you’re taking the right nutrition to make your body capable of holding and growing a life inside. You have to be sure of the timing, take care of the expenses, ensure that you will be super ready to enjoy sleepless nights by the time you deliver, and whatnot. More than what we know, bearing a child is not a child’s play. Your motherly instincts have to be born before the baby.
Moreover, the entire process of birthing a baby can be exhausting and overwhelming. I remember when I was in the ninth month of my pregnancy, I just couldn’t believe I was finally there. The first few months flew by playfully. I trying to set in the vibe and I was exuberant. My family could see the glow on my face. However, as the pregnancy progressed and my body put on weight, I started getting those jerks of realization and acknowledgment, “The baby will be here in no time!” What would I do? How would I manage? Am I going to be a good mother? Am I going to remain a good wife and a daughter? How much would it pain? A lot? I got swamped in my own thoughts. I just could not get over my feelings + the hormones! That’s a combination that can place you at the bottom or on cloud 9. Apparently, there’s no in-between.
What then helped me was the internet! Surfing my social media feeds definitely made me confused about my whole pregnancy and life after. This isn’t really out of nowhere. Still, reading other women’s experiences helped me a LOT. This is why I feel like I have to help every other pregnant woman. You must remember, to help with someone’s ordeal, you don’t really have to be physically present. Just make them aware of the guarding walls you’re surrounding them with, lest something happens.
Here’s a list of the 20 best pregnancy quotes that helped me in my pregnancy, and shall help you in yours.
- “My body has given me the greatest gift of my life.” – Hillary Duff
- “Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life.” – Judy Ford
- “Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside.” – Rita Rudner
- “Pregnancy is the only time when you can do nothing at all and still be productive.” – Evan Esar
- “People always say that pregnant women have a glow. And I say it’s because you’re sweating to death.” – Jessica Simpson
- “Now my belly is as noble as my heart.” – Gabriela Mistral
- “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” — Carrie Fisher
- “Babies are always more trouble than you thought—and more wonderful.” — Charles Osgood
- “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” — Lin Yutang
“A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” — Mary Mason
- “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for.”— Unknown
- “You do a lot of growing up when you’re pregnant. It’s suddenly like, ‘Yikes. Here it is, folks. Playtime is over.’” — Connie Fioretto
- “Every four weeks I go up a bra size… it’s worth being pregnant just for the breasts.” — Natasha Hamilton
- “Get comfortable. Have to pee. Get really thirsty after you pee. Drink an entire cup of water. Get comfortable. Have to pee again. I give up!” — Unknown
- “Your pregnant elephant ankles will return to normal. Just hang in there.” — Adriel Booker
- “Life doesn’t get more real than having a newborn at home.” — Eric Church
- “Ah, babies! They’re more than just adorable little creatures on whom you can blame your farts.” — Tina Fey
- “Birth takes a woman’s deepest fears about herself and show her that she is stronger than them.” — Unknown
- “It is the most powerful creation to have life that is growing inside of you. There is no bigger gift.” – Beyonce
- “A strong intention, a relaxed body and an open mind are the main ingredients for an active birth.” – Janet Balaskas
- “Giving birth should be your greatest achievement not your greatest fear.” —Jane Weideman
- “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain‚your life will never be the same.” — Catherine Jones
- “No matter how bad my day’s been, it takes one little kick to make everything feel alright.” — Author Unknown
- “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.” — Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” — Laura Stavoe Harm
Being a mother is a thing of pride. Whether you give birth yourself or raise a child you didn’t deliver, you must know that your motherhood is as bright as the sun. So bright that it may blind the ones that look at it to disregard it, because it’s only meant to provide the world with light and warmth.
We wish you a very successful pregnancy and a prosperous life afterwards.