Flattened rice, or Chura, is rice that has been flattened into thin, light, dry flakes. When added to a drink, whether hot or cold, these rice flakes swell as they absorb water, milk, or any other liquid. It is a fantastic source of quick energy because it contains carbohydrates. It is gluten-free and suitable for individuals who are allergic to wheat. This Chura/Poha recipe from @kids.food.ideas is perfect for packing a little protein into your munchkin's tummy.
Stir Fried Peas
Fried Flattened Rice
How To Make
Fried Poha (Flattened Rice)
- Add Oil in a pan. Once it's hot turn the heat to low.
- Add Poha and keep stirring it until it’s crisp.
- Remove poha from the pan to a bowl.
- Add salt and mix well. Keep Aside.
Stir Fried Peas.
- In a pan add oil. Let it heat.
- Add peas. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all spices and salt. Mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add water about 1 Tbsp if required.
- Open the cover and cook until peas are done