Soup is the simplest of all the foods you may prepare for your child. Soup, whether meat-based or vegetable-based, may be a healthy dish when cooked with the appropriate components. Soup is a great method to get your kids to eat more greens. Here is a Lentil Soup recipe by @kids.food.ideas.indian which is rich in protein just what your little one needs.
- Wash Red lentil and let it soak in water while you prepare vegetables.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil until shimmering but not smoking. Add garlic & ginger. Add roughly chopped onions, carrots & potatoes. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add Soaked red lentils, salt and spices. Cook for a few seconds till fragrant, keep stirring so spices don't burn.
- Add Vegetable broth and cook for 15 minutes or until red lentil is cooked on high heat. Keep stirring in between.
- Remove from heat. Let soup cool a bit before using an hand blender to puree. Pulse a few times till you reach the creamy consistency.
- Heat it again before serving.
- Garnish with coriander, croutons and lemon.