Kebab is a cooked beef dish that originated in Middle Eastern cuisines. On a skewer or spit, it is roasted or grilled. Kebabs can be made with a variety of items other than meat. Kebabs are made comprised of cut up or ground meat, occasionally with veggies, and a variety of other ingredients depending on the recipe. Try @kids.food.ideas.indian's Veg Shami Kebab as a healthy snack for your kids to get some daily protein consumption.
- Rinse the Black chana thoroughly under tap water.
- Transfer it to a bowl and soak the black chana overnight in 4 cups of water. By the morning, the black chana will swell and double in size.
- Drain that water and rinse the black chana once again under tap water.
- In a different bowl wash Yellow Chana Dal and soak it for 30 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker add 1/2 cup water, soaked yellow dal, black chana, garlic, ginger, desiccated coconut, cinnamon stick, black cardamom and salt. Do not mix.
- On high heat take 3 whistles and turn off the gas. Let the pressure settle.
- Let the chana cool down. Remove cinnamon stick and black cardamom then mash it with a masher
- Add cornflour, garam masala and coriander. Mix well. If the mixture is too dry add 2 Tbsp Water.
- Make kebabs in any shape you like.
- Add oil to the pan and shallow fry it from both sides.
- Serve with coriander chutney or ketchup.