Paneer or cottage cheese is rich in protein, and calcium. It helps strengthen bones and teeth, maintains blood sugar levels and is also good for heart health. This paneer sandwich is super easy to prepare and will serve the purpose of making your kids get all the goodness of paneer in their diet.
Whole Wheat Bread - 6 to 8 slices Paneer/Cottage Cheese- 1 cup crumbled
Onions - 1 small sized Ginger - 1 tbsp finely chopped
Carrot - 1 small grated Capsicum - 3 tsp chopped finely
Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/8 tsp Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped Salt - as needed
Oil - 2 tsp Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Butter/Ghee - to toast bread
- In a skillet pan, heat 2 tsp oil and add cumin seeds. Cook it until it begins to crack. Then add the onions and ginger, chopped.
- Cook until the onion is golden brown. Add the chopped capsicum, grated carrots, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt now.
- For a few minutes, stir it well. After that, add in the crumbled paneer.
- Mix all of the ingredients and cook for two to three minutes, turn off the flame and your sandwich filling is ready.
- Heat a pan, then butter one side of two bread slices. Spread out the paneer masala/paneer mix Cover the sandwich with another bread slice that has been brushed with butter.
- Grill for 3 to 5 minutes on one side before flipping it. Grill the other side for 2-3 minutes before removing it from the pan. Follow the same steps as before for the other slices.