Spinach is a great source of iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin k etc. Spinach can help prevent cancer, reduce blood sugar, aids in good bone health etc. Corn is rich in fibre and is a great source of antioxidants. Corn also has high concentrations of Vit B1, also known as Thiamine which is required to make acetylcholine in our bodies. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter that helps people remember and so having good levels of acetylcholine may improve memory. So, what are you waiting for? go on serve this sandwich and boost your child’s memory.
- Heat butter in a skillet pan
- Saute boiled corn kernels in the skillet pan for about 2mins.
- Then add chopped spinach into it and cooked saute until it shrinks.
- Add 1tbsp multi-purpose flour and keep stirring and cook for 2 mins
- Add milk ( use a refrigerated one to avoid lumps of flour)
- Stir and cook until it becomes a thick paste
- Now add salt pepper and herbs to taste
- You can add cheese (optional)
- Turn off the stove and let it cool
- Take 2 bread slices and spread the creamy mixture over one slice of bread and cover it with the other slice
- Apply a little butter to the grill pan and grill it. Your sandwich is ready.