This cucumber lemonade will be a welcome addition to your summer lemonade collection. It's full of health benefits thanks to the cucumber juice and the flavour of fresh mint, and it's simple to make!
5 whole-wheat hamburger buns 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion diced small 3 cloves of garlic
1 package of button mushrooms minced 4 sun-dried tomatoes
chopped fine 1 cup cooked brown lentils
1/2 an egg Salt Pinch of black pepper
Pinch of white pepper 1 blob of butter with 2-3 cloves minced garlic (for buns)
Caramelized onions 5 lettuce leaves
5 slices of tomatoes minced
- In a food processor, make crumbs out of 1 burger bun. Remove from the equation.
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat and sauté the onions with a pinch of salt until tender.
- Stir in the garlic and simmer for another minute.
- Scrape the onion mixture into a large mixing bowl. Set aside for now.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and heat over high heat, then add the mushrooms and salt, allowing them to sweat.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook until the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms have turned a rich golden brown colour.
- Scrape the mushroom mixture into the onion bowl and put aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the buns in butter with garlic.
- In a food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, lentils, and half of the mushroom-onion mixture; pulse until the mixture is pasty but still has a bite. Pulse it a little, but don't purée it.
- Add the egg, a bit of salt, and black and white pepper to the mixture in a mixing bowl.
- Divide the lentil mixture into four equal amounts and roll each into a ball before flattening into a patty.
- Breadcrumbs should be used to coat the patties.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the lentil patties and lightly fry till crisp and brown on all sides.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake the patties for 5-6 minutes.
- We baked it because the patties were shallow fried, which means the outside was done but the middle was still mushy.
- Top each sandwich with a lettuce leaf, tomato slice, and caramelised onions.
- Place the patty on top and wrap the second half around it.